Monday, August 28, 2006

Birthday Wishes


I ran across this website about creating rituals during holidays to help with the grieving process. I thought today, being my birthday, was an appropriate day to share this information. I love cards and gifts as much as the next person, but I think that the best gift I could have received was to have Dad still with us on my birthday. Next month is his birthday.

Maybe if instead of gifts we all could encourage each other to donate to Dad's causes, the Paradise Genealogical Society so that other's could find out more about their loved ones that have passed, or to any of the Parkinson's Disease organizations or perhaps to an organization that helps prevent or find a cure for diseases or afflictions that touches someone else, it would help make the legacy of our loved one grow.

Flowers die when cut, people die when cut down in life due to either a crime, an accident, a disease or just "advanced age". We can regrow flowers or choose not to cut them and let them die out on their own. Our loved ones can be remembered by supporting a charity or organization that either promotes their interests or helps in finding cures or treatments for their afflictions. They then continue to grow in theory. How great is that?

Give a gift in the name of someone you love, whether they are still here or gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home